View and comment on planning applications
You can view our validation timescales here.
How to comment
- Locate the planning application at Simple Search using a keyword, reference number, postcode or single line of an address.
- View the plans and supporting information submitted in the Documents screen.
- Make a comment through the comments screen. You will need to login to submit a comment.
- Complete your comment and click Submit.
Please see Public Access User Guide for more information on using our online planning register.
What happens with your comment?
- All comments will be made available for public view with your address. Personal information, such as name, telephone number and email address, will be redacted. Please avoid including personal details in the body of your comment.
- All comments will be viewed and considered by the Case Officer.
- If the application is reported to Planning Committee you will be invited to speak.
- You will be informed when a decision is made.
- In the event of an appeal you will be notified and your comment will be passed to the Planning Inspectorate for consideration.
What should I say?
We can only take into account comments on certain matters. These include:
- Design, appearance, and materials
- Loss of light or overshadowing
- Parking, highway safety, traffic and public rights of way
- Noise, fumes and smell
- Effect on listed building and conservation area
- Nature conservation
For more details on what we can and can’t take into consideration, please see our Material planning considerations.