Statement of Community Involvement
Planning shapes the places where we live, work and play. For this reason everyone should have the opportunity to get involved in the planning process – which is where the statement of community involvement plays a vital role.
We want to actively engage with the community and have drawn up a consultation strategy for planning which sets out how and when we will involve the community and key stakeholders in preparing, altering and reviewing our plans and guidance to guide future development in Greater Cambridge. It will also explain how we will involve the community in planning applications.
While there are plenty of opportunities for you to become involved in the planning process, it is vital that community engagement starts at an early stage. This means that you can help influence how future growth and development will happen across Greater Cambridge.
Your local knowledge will help ensure that development in Greater Cambridge benefits the community as a whole, while protecting that which makes this area special.
The Statement of Community Involvement (SCI) was adopted in July 2019 and has been prepared by the Greater Cambridge Shared Planning Service on behalf of Cambridge City Council and South Cambridgeshire District Council.
Addendum to Greater Cambridge Statement of Community Involvement in light of COVID-19 restrictions
An Addendum to the Statement of Community Involvement was agreed in May 2020, setting out elements impacted by restrictions related to the coronavirus, and how the councils will continue to enable full involvement of people in planning matters. This was superseded by an Updated Addendum to the Statement of Community Involvement in December 2020. The need for these temporary measures will be kept under review. The updated addendum should be read alongside the original documentation.
- Consultation Statements:
- Equality impact assessments:
- Equality Impact Assessment - Cambridge City Council (2019)
- Equality Impact Assessment- South Cambridgeshire District Council (2019)
- Equality Impact Assessment of the SCI addendum- Cambridge City Council (May 2020)
- Equality Impact Assessment of the SCI addendum- South Cambridgeshire Council (May 2020)
- Equality Impact Assessment of the SCI addendum - Cambridge City Council and South Cambridgeshire District Council (Dec 2020)
- Public notice of adoption:
Was this web page helpful?