Planning Performance Agreements
As part of its enhanced planning service, the Greater Cambridge Shared Planning Service offers the opportunity for applicants to enter into a Planning Performance Agreement (PPA). This sits alongside our existing pre-application advice service.
A PPA is a project management tool which allows all parties to agree timescales, actions and resources for handling planning applications.
PPAs are usually agreed at the pre-application stage and relate to the whole development process, from pre-application planning advice and community engagement, to application progress meetings right through to the post decision stage, including the discharge of conditions and site monitoring.
PPAs can be used for any type of application but are most effective for major and complex planning applications.
Benefits of a Planning Performance Agreement
The key benefits of a PPA are as follows:
- Better overall management of pre-application and post-application stages
- Identification of key issues and relevant consultees at an early stage
- Setting more realistic and predictable timetables, with a structure of deadlines and action points
- Improved input by elected members
- Greater accountability, transparency and communication
- Where permissions are granted, development is easier to implement
- Improved partnership working
- Continuity and dedicated advice from our officers and consultees
- Ability to recover costs, thereby reducing the financial burden on Council resources
The Shared Planning Service recognises that the successful delivery of development projects requires good working relationships with developers, communities and other stakeholders.
Improved communication and transparency can help reduce delays, provide accurate and timely advice and set realistic time frames for determination.
Planning Performance Agreement Charter
More detail on Planning Performance Agreements is set out in the Shared Planning Service PPA Charter below:
Setting up a Planning Performance Agreement
If you would like to discuss setting up a Planning Performance Agreement please complete our online Planning Performance Agreement application form.