Please wait for the site map to download.
Finding a site
- Use the search bar to search for a site by postal code, name, or address. As you type, suggestions will appear below the search box. Select desired location from the suggestion list to zoom to location.
- Use the (+) and (-) zoom controls in the top left corner of the map to zoom in and out of the map. Left click hold mouse to drag/move map to the desired location.
- Once you have found the required site location, click anywhere within the site area to select. A popup window will appear. Click arrow icon (>) in the popup window to display site details.
- In the site details window, select the link to JDI to view the JDI record in the consultation's database.
- x and y coordinates can be viewed from the bottom left corner of the map. These coordinates are derived from the Ordnance Survey National Grid reference system (also known as British National Grid (BNG)). This is a system of geographic grid references used in Great Britain, distinct from latitude and longitude.
Map display options
- Use the “Basemap Gallery” icon (top right corner) to switch between available OS Basemap options.
- Use the “Layer List” icon to search for Housing and Economic Land Availability Assessment sites (HELAA Sites - November 2021) submitted during the Call for Sites (2019) and subsequent Call for Sites and Call for Green Sites processes.
- New layers have been added to show sites or amendments to sites that were submitted by promoters as part of the First Proposals consultation. These new layers are:
HELAA New Sites (HELAA Site Updates (New Site) - June 2022)
HELAA Amended Site Boundaries (HELAA Site Updates (Amended Site Boundary) - June 2022)
HELAA Amended Land Use or Development Amount (HELAA Site Updates (Amended Land Use or Development Amount) - June 2022)
HELAA Green New Sites (HELAA Green Sites Updates (New Sites) - June 2022)The sites are colour-coded for mixed use, non-residential, residential, residential or non-residential and all others, to identify the type of use of site that has been submitted.
- A list of colour-coded map layer options are presented, including categories such as the type of site allocation (for example: housing or employment), specified map boundaries (for example: Area Action Plan areas, strategic site boundaries and Parish Council or Ward boundaries). Tick the box next to the required option to view the sites submitted within that category.
- Use the zoom in (+) and out (-) controls to navigate between sites within the map.